Interested in hosting a Life Group?
What do I do if I want to start a Life Group?
- First, inform the pastors so we can begin to pray and talk with you about what God has laid upon your heart.
- We may know of others who share the same interest or who are looking to be a part of a group.
- Start talking about it with others and looking at different study options, as well as, host home and/or facilitator options.
- Pray, Pray, Pray! When ready we will start publicizing it in the church.
- You and others in the core group will start inviting neighbors and friends.
What are the primary responsibilities of the facilitator?
- Prepare for weekly meetings.
- Organize and lead the group’s discussion.
- Pray for, care for, and encourage the people in your group in their development as followers of Christ.
- Encourage your group to stay outreach focused both through inviting and serving.
- Identify potential leaders/facilitators in your group.
- Develop and apprentice leader/facilitators from within your group.
What are the primary responsibilities of the host home (host)?
- Coordinate and communicate weekly Life Group meeting details (location, meal coordination, child care plans if necessary, etc.)
- Coordinate Life Group service projects, game nights, or other fellowship activities.
- Track attendance and follow-up with others in the group when necessary.
- Keep your group database up to date and provide information to the pastors.