Interested in hosting a Life Group?
What do I do if I want to start a Life Group?
• First, inform the pastors so we can begin to pray and talk with you about what God has laid upon your heart.
• We may know of others who share the same interest or who are looking to be a part of a group.
• Start talking about it with others and looking at different study options, as well as, host home and/or facilitator options.
• Pray, Pray, Pray! When ready we will start publicizing it in the church.
• You and others in the core group will start inviting neighbors and friends.
What are the primary responsibilities of the facilitator?
• Prepare for weekly meetings.
• Organize and lead the group’s discussion.
• Pray for, care for, and encourage the people in your group in their development as followers of Christ.
• Encourage your group to stay outreach focused both through inviting and serving.
• Identify potential leaders/facilitators in your group.
• Develop and apprentice leader/facilitators from within your group.
What are the primary responsibilities of the host home (host)?
• Coordinate and communicate weekly Life Group meeting details (location, meal coordination, child care plans if necessary, etc.)
• Coordinate Life Group service projects, game nights, or other fellowship activities.
• Track attendance and follow-up with others in the group when necessary.
• Keep your group database up to date and provide information to the pastors.